Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Leo L <le...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/30 21:07:45 UTC

[M2] Problem deploying with maven 2 and Ant

Hi all!
I´m using Jboss4.0.2  and i still get an errorcan you help how can i
configure my build.xml.
I followed what a maven list fellow said about packing with maven and deploy
with ant, and just worry how maven works with ant.
I get that, but i have a problem in my build.xml, i saw many examples and i
couldn´t success yet...
Can anyone help me saying what´s wrong to my .xml´s ????
Here are my pom.xml and my build.xml

pom.xml
        <plugin>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <phase>compile</phase>
            <configuration>
              <tasks>
                     <echo message="Efetuando o deploy..."/>
                     <ant antfile="build.xml" target="deploy"
inheritAll="true"/>
                     <echo message="Deploy complete"/>

              </tasks>
            </configuration>
            <goals>
              <goal>run</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
       </plugin>

my build.xml

<project name="buildDeploy">
  <target name="deploy-live">
    <property name="live.server" value="user@server"/>
    <property name="live.jboss" value="/opt/jboss-4.0.1sp1
/server/default/deploy"/>
    <property name="live.ppa" value="C:/Projects/App/ear/target/EAR-1.0.ear
"/>
    <exec dir="." executable="scp">
       <arg line="${live.ppa} ${live.server}:${live.jboss}/PPAEAR-1.0.ear"
/>
    </exec>
  </target>
  <target name="deploy" depends="deploy-live" />
</project>

The Exception i received:

[INFO] [antrun:run {execution: default}]
[INFO] Executing tasks
     [echo] Efetuando o deploy...

deploy-live:
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error executing ant tasks

Embedded error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Projetos\ReportPronim4\ear\build.xml:6: Execute failed:
java.io.IOException:
CreateProcess: scp scp C:/Projetos/ReportPronim4/ear/target/PPAEAR-1.0.earcetil
@ptplinux:/opt/jboss-4.0.1sp1/server/default/deploy/PPAEAR-1.0.ear error=2
[INFO]

what Am i doing wrong????

Regards,

Leo

Re: [M2] Problem deploying with maven 2 and Ant

Posted by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at>.
For a remote deploy you might give the cargo-project a go: http://cargo.codehaus.org/

I'm afraid I can't give you any examples for this, since I'm not using it for remote deployment...

Roland

Posted by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at>.
Sure, both should work... But the 'problem' is that using the 'exec'-task in Ant depends on your OS and
availability from the commands you want to issue... Therefor, you should either try to use some Ant-tasks
that are ALWAYS available or completely forget about Ant und do it with Maven.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying it can't be done in Ant, just to be carefull that some tasks are not portable
between OS'es!

Roland

Posted by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at>.
Bind it to a certain phase in your ear so that it gets run automatically, eg:

<plugin>
	<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
	<artifactId>jboss-maven-plugin</artifactId>
	<inherited>true</inherited>
	<configuration>
		<jbossHome>${appserver.home}</jbossHome>
	</configuration>
	<executions>
		<execution>
			<id>deploy</id>