Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Robbie Minshall <my...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/13 23:01:45 UTC

anyone using composites on current sca runtime

Looks like current SCA samples are not working and need a little work.

I am curious if anyone currently has working composites running on the
current SCA runtime ?  If so what applications are your using ( your own,
the samples, some other example ), what web container is being used ?

cheers,
Robbie

--
* * * Charlie * * *
Check out some pics of little Charlie at

Check out Charlie's al crapo blog at http://robbieminshall.blogspot.com

* * * Addresss * * *
1914 Overland Drive
Chapel Hill
NC 27517

* * * Number * * *
919-225-1553

Re: anyone using composites on current sca runtime

Posted by Jon Lewis <wi...@gmail.com>.
hey Robbie...I'm trying to get SCA into one of my apps, but, it's a
requirement that we have units test.  If I can't get a unit test going, I'm
going to have to bail on Tuscany.

I'm building an app that handles performance reviews for an organization.
If I can get the unit tests working, I'm going to work on putting SCA into
the web app...at this point, this seems like a big IF...

thanks, johnny

Posted by Robbie Minshall <my...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the info jeremy.

I built and ran the calulator test case on the standalone distro with no
problems.  I have a new repository, and can sucessfully deploy web
applications to my tomcat server.

I see that you have added the calculator sample to the webapp sample
project.  I am gettting the following build error when I build the war :

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] One or more required plugin parameters are invalid/missing for
'tuscany-war:tuscany-war'

[0] inside the definition for plugin: 'tuscany-war-plugin'specify the
following:

<configuration>
  <bootLibs>VALUE</bootLibs>
</configuration>.

[1] inside the definition for plugin: 'tuscany-war-plugin'specify the
following:

<configuration>
  <extensions>VALUE</extensions>
</configuration>.

I have not dug into this but was wondering if you were having the same
issue, or had any thoughts on a resolution ?

thanks again,
Robbie

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
On Sep 13, 2006, at 2:01 PM, Robbie Minshall wrote:

> Looks like current SCA samples are not working and need a little work.

Yes, I'm afraid so. Also the doc on the website refers to the M1
release and things have changed a lot in the trunk since then.

> I am curious if anyone currently has working composites running on the
> current SCA runtime ?  If so what applications are your using
> ( your own,
> the samples, some other example ), what web container is being used ?

I had the webapp sample running up to last weekend. I just committed
a change to update the version to M2 so that it works with the trunk.
I have been testing it on Tomcat 5.5.17 using the Maven Tomcat plugin
The only thing I did to Tomcat was enable the manager application so
that the build could deploy to it - that involved adding the
following to conf/tomcat-users.xml

   <user username="admin" password="" roles="manager"/>

After that I can mess with the samples and deploy it using:
$ mvn -o package tomcat:deploy

The sample's JSP is then at
http://localhost:8080/webapp/calc.jsp

I mean to go through and test all the other samples but have been
bogged down with the version change. Please jump on IRC if we can
help work through them.
--
Jeremy