Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Olivier Mocquais <ol...@rd.francetelecom.com> on 2004/11/05 17:50:41 UTC

Web Service performance

Hi,

In term of performance and scalability, if my business logic is a java
class and I want to expose it as a web service.

Is it better to add an ejb and expose it as a web service (This new ejb
merges the business API and forwards calls to the java class. It uses
services provided by the ejb container) OR add a class which merges the
business API and exposes this new class as a web service ?

Will webservices facade of EJB (with Axis as a soap engine) supports
more client requests than webservices call to POJO class ?  What is the
more scalable option ?

Thanks for your answer.

Olivier