Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by jweekend <jw...@cabouge.com> on 2007/11/06 23:19:39 UTC

Getting started with Wicket getting even easier?

The team I gave an introductory presentation to on Friday have already
started playing with Wicket today. I spoke to one of them this evening who
had also just upgraded to  http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/ IDEA 7  (from
6.0.2). He showed me how easy it was to load his Wicket project by just
opening up the pom.xml in IDEA! Everything just works. He says it made
getting started and writing his first toy program with Wicket really easy.
And, he has never used Maven (or Wicket) before today.
It sounds like things are getting even easier (although, in reality, it's
quite hard to get much easier than  http://wicket.apache.org/quickstart.html
this ).
I usually use the eclipse:eclipse goal after building an archetype with
Maven, but I believe there is also a Maven pluign for Eclipse (as opposed to
the Eclipse plugin for Maven that I just mentioned) which is also easy to
use.
It sounds like the
http://www.laughingpanda.org/mediawiki/index.php/Wicket_Bench Wicket Bench
plugin could be quite useful too.

Regards - Cemal
http://jWeekend.co.uk jWeekend.co.uk

Re: Getting started with Wicket getting even easier?

Posted by Nick Heudecker <nh...@gmail.com>.
There's a Wicket plugin for IDEA called WicketForge.  You can download it
using IDEA's plugin manager.

On 11/6/07, jweekend <jw...@cabouge.com> wrote:

> The team I gave an introductory presentation to on Friday have already
> started playing with Wicket today. I spoke to one of them this evening who
> had also just upgraded to  http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/ IDEA 7  (from
> 6.0.2). He showed me how easy it was to load his Wicket project by just
> opening up the pom.xml in IDEA! Everything just works. He says it made
> getting started and writing his first toy program with Wicket really easy.
> And, he has never used Maven (or Wicket) before today.
> It sounds like things are getting even easier (although, in reality, it's
> quite hard to get much easier than
> http://wicket.apache.org/quickstart.html
> this ).
> I usually use the eclipse:eclipse goal after building an archetype with
> Maven, but I believe there is also a Maven pluign for Eclipse (as opposed
> the Eclipse plugin for Maven that I just mentioned) which is also easy to
> use.
> It sounds like the
> http://www.laughingpanda.org/mediawiki/index.php/Wicket_Bench Wicket Bench
> plugin could be quite useful too.
>
> Regards - Cemal
> http://jWeekend.co.uk jWeekend.co.uk

Nick Heudecker
Professional Wicket Training & Consulting
http://www.systemmobile.com

Eventful - Intelligent Event Management
http://www.eventfulhq.com