Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Christopher Watson <c....@zen.co.uk> on 2003/04/26 10:40:46 UTC

First-Timer cvs problem

Hi. This is my first time here, so please be gentle :->

I'm having trouble getting the CVS, either specifying HEAD or not. I
_think_ it's broke

I'm using WinCVS, and the first couple of lines from its 'console' are

	CVSROOT:
:pserver:anonymous@cvs.wyona.org:/usr/local/repositories (password
authentication)
	cvs checkout -P lenya (in directory X:\WinCVSRoot)

Things go well for a while, then ...
The last few lines I get back are

	cvs server: failed to create lock directory for
`/usr/local/repositories/lenya/src/webapp/lenya/pubs/unipublic/work/sear
ch/lucene/index/index'
(/usr/local/repositories/lenya/src/webapp/lenya/pubs/unipublic/work/sear
ch/lucene/index/index/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
	cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
`/usr/local/repositories/lenya/src/webapp/lenya/pubs/unipublic/work/sear
ch/lucene/index/index'
	cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

	*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

Is this a (serious) problem?

Should I continue to try and compile/conigure what I've got, or wait
till the cvs problem(?) is cleared?

Is there are better way to get the source/binaries for windows, eg a
nightly snapshot someone could recommend?

Thanks

Christopher

RE: First-Timer cvs problem

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@wyona.com>.

	cvs server: failed to create lock directory for
<<

should be fixed now..

Should I continue to try and compile/conigure what I've got, or wait
till the cvs problem(?) is cleared?
<<

please try again

you may want to try http://cvs.wyona.org/nightly-builds/

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
Wyona Ltd.  -   Open Source Content Management   -   Apache Lenya

OSCOM 3 - Third Open Source Content Management Conference
May 28th - 30th 2003, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA
http://www.oscom.org/Conferences/Cambridge/