Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Adam Lipscombe <ad...@expensys.com> on 2005/07/01 14:14:44 UTC

Tomcat in production

Folks,

We are developing an app that is currently deploys in TC 5.0.28 using Java
1.4.2_04. The DB is MySQL.
Our first release is almost complete, and I have been tasked with
understanding what the issues might be in putting this live in a production
environment.

Our customers typical server will be a dedicated blade running Win2k3 or
RedHat Linux, dual Xeon processors, 2GB RAM.

1. Does anyone have an idea of how  many concurrent users/requests TC can
support in this sort of config?
   What is reasonable?

2. Are there any useful doc available for configuring TC for a production
environment?

3. Any other issues to consider?

TIA - Adam