Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2005/09/13 03:52:33 UTC

[vote] Release Maven 2.0 Beta 1

Hi,

I'd like to release the (overdue) Maven 2.0 Beta 1, SCM and the plugins
at Apache according to our roadmap.
Plan here:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Maven+2.0+beta+1+Release+Plan
I will continue to update it with dependencies that are ready and any
adjustments - please watch the page if you are interested.

The beta release will mark a point of prioritising backwards
compatibility and minimising new features to those already in JIRA for
beta-2 and only those that won't change the way things currently work.

72 hours to vote!

+1 from me

Cheers,
Brett

Re: [vote] Release Maven 2.0 Beta 1

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Re: [vote] Release Maven 2.0 Beta 1

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
+1

[result][vote] Release Maven 2.0 Beta 1

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Vote is carried, release is under way. Thanks everyone for your feedback.

+1 (binding):
Brett Porter
Vincent Massol
Emmanuel Venisse
Arnaud Heritier
Trygve Laugstol
Jason Van Zyl
Carlos Sanchez
John Casey

+1 (committers):
Kenney Westerhof
Stephane Nicoll
Vincent Siveton
Lukas Theussl
Fabrizio Giustina

+1 (community):
Rahul Thakur
Alan Cabrera
Mark Hobson (originall 0, +2 with fix submitted :)

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
+1

Arnaud

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <fo...@neonics.com>.
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Brett Porter wrote:

+1

-- Kenney

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to release the (overdue) Maven 2.0 Beta 1, SCM and the plugins
> at Apache according to our roadmap.

[snip]

> Cheers,
> Brett

Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com
GPG public key: http://www.gods.nl/~forge/kenneyw.key

Re: [vote] Release Maven 2.0 Beta 1

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

On 9/13/05, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to release the (overdue) Maven 2.0 Beta 1, SCM and the plugins
> at Apache according to our roadmap.
> Plan here:
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Maven+2.0+beta+1+Release+Plan
> I will continue to update it with dependencies that are ready and any
> adjustments - please watch the page if you are interested.
>
> The beta release will mark a point of prioritising backwards
> compatibility and minimising new features to those already in JIRA for
> beta-2 and only those that won't change the way things currently work.
>
> 72 hours to vote!
>
> +1 from me
>
> Cheers,
> Brett

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: [vote] Release Maven 2.0 Beta 1

Posted by Fabrizio Giustina <fg...@gmail.com>.
On 9/13/05, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> I'd like to release the (overdue) Maven 2.0 Beta 1, SCM and the plugins
> at Apache according to our roadmap.

my +1

Fabrizio

Re: [vote] Release Maven 2.0 Beta 1

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@codehaus.org>.

--
Trygve

Re: [vote] Release Maven 2.0 Beta 1

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Vincent

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
+1

Emmanuel

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 13/09/05, Alan D. Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> Brett Porter wrote, On 9/12/2005 6:52 PM:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'd like to release the (overdue) Maven 2.0 Beta 1, SCM and the plugins
> >at Apache according to our roadmap.
> >Plan here:
> >http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Maven+2.0+beta+1+Release+Plan
> >I will continue to update it with dependencies that are ready and any
> >adjustments - please watch the page if you are interested.
> >
> >The beta release will mark a point of prioritising backwards
> >compatibility and minimising new features to those already in JIRA for
> >beta-2 and only those that won't change the way things currently work.

Not that it's binding, but.. 0 for me: MNG-757 is a biggy for me (and
I guess anyone who hosts sun jars on their own repo), and MNG-874 is
holding back automatic plugin downloading.

BTW, will the latest commits get into beta1?  Be great to have those
profile fixes (cheers John :)

Mark

Re: [vote] Release Maven 2.0 Beta 1

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Brett Porter wrote, On 9/12/2005 6:52 PM:

>Hi,
>
>I'd like to release the (overdue) Maven 2.0 Beta 1, SCM and the plugins
>at Apache according to our roadmap.
>Plan here:
>http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Maven+2.0+beta+1+Release+Plan
>I will continue to update it with dependencies that are ready and any
>adjustments - please watch the page if you are interested.
>
>The beta release will mark a point of prioritising backwards
>compatibility and minimising new features to those already in JIRA for
>beta-2 and only those that won't change the way things currently work.

+1

Regards,
Alan

Re: [vote] Release Maven 2.0 Beta 1

Posted by Rinku <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

Cheers,

Rahul

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 11:52 +1000, Brett Porter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to release the (overdue) Maven 2.0 Beta 1, SCM and the plugins
> at Apache according to our roadmap.
> Plan here:
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Maven+2.0+beta+1+Release+Plan
> I will continue to update it with dependencies that are ready and any
> adjustments - please watch the page if you are interested.
>
> The beta release will mark a point of prioritising backwards
> compatibility and minimising new features to those already in JIRA for
> beta-2 and only those that won't change the way things currently work.
>
> 72 hours to vote!
>
> +1 from me

+1

> Cheers,
> Brett

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Re: [vote] Release Maven 2.0 Beta 1

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.

Brett Porter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to release the (overdue) Maven 2.0 Beta 1, SCM and the plugins
> at Apache according to our roadmap.
> Plan here:
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Maven+2.0+beta+1+Release+Plan
> I will continue to update it with dependencies that are ready and any
> adjustments - please watch the page if you are interested.
>
> The beta release will mark a point of prioritising backwards
> compatibility and minimising new features to those already in JIRA for
> beta-2 and only those that won't change the way things currently work.
>
> 72 hours to vote!
>
> +1 from me

+1

Lukas