Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Nitan Kainth <ni...@bamlabs.com> on 2017/07/25 18:01:19 UTC

read/write request counts and write size of each write

Hi,

We are trying to figure our highest read/write operations/second in our 9x9 cluster. I checked node tool tablestats but it shows from the time of start of node. I would like to see by second.

Also, how can i find out size of each right request?

Re: read/write request counts and write size of each write

Posted by Lerh Chuan Low <le...@instaclustr.com>.
Nitan,

I'm not really familiar with jmxterm but the error it's returning to you is
because that MBean doesn't exist. The full MBean matching your example is
org.apache.cassandra.metrics:type=ClientRequest,scope=CASWrite,name=MutationSizeHistogram.
You can then call the operation values on it to get the current snapshot of
metrics.

run -b
org.apache.cassandra.metrics:type=ClientRequest,scope=CASWrite,name=MutationSizeHistogram
values

Alternatively you can use 'get' to get an attribute instead of perform an
operation:

get -b
org.apache.cassandra.metrics:type=ClientRequest,scope=CASWrite,name=MutationSizeHistogram
Count

And instead of Count you can use 50thPercentile/75thPercentile etc as
mentioned in http://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/operating/metrics.html
(It's a Timer).

As Kurt mentioned, there are existing solutions to the JMX calls for you
(Graphana, Datadog....). Hope that helps.

Posted by Roger Warner <rw...@pandora.com>.

From: Nitan Kainth <ni...@bamlabs.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 1:42 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <us...@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Re: read/write request counts and write size of each write

Hey Roger,

I downloaded and saved the file in /var/lib/cassandra, but getting same error:

 java -jar /tmp/jmxterm-1.0-alpha-4-uber.jar --url localhost:7199
Welcome to JMX terminal. Type "help" for available commands.
$>run -b org.apache.cassandra.metrics:type=ClientRequest scope=CASWrite name=MutationSizeHistogram

Posted by Roger Warner <rw...@pandora.com>.

Posted by Nitan Kainth <ni...@bamlabs.com>.
Hey Roger,

Posted by Roger Warner <rw...@pandora.com>.

Posted by Nitan Kainth <ni...@sleepiqlabs.com>.
Thank you very much Kurt.

Posted by Nitan Kainth <ni...@bamlabs.com>.
Thank you Kurt.

I got read/write requests answered. Getting write request size is my unresolved question :(

I m sure, it's a common requirement, anybody have some solution.