Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Ong Lee Haw (FS)" <lh...@frontline.com.sg> on 2002/12/30 06:54:24 UTC

New metadata handling issue?

Hi guys,

After upgrading from 0.9.7 to 0.9.9.1 (latest from CVS), we have to make
some changes to our code especially with the ODMG API. The Database.open()
method was able to take "repository.xml" as database name. Now we have to
use a jcd-alias defined in jdbc-connection-descriptor. Which is alright.

However, with 0.9.9.1, all dependent files of repository.xml (DTD,
repository_user.xml, ...) have to reside in the JVM working directory. The
repository.xml can be in anywhere as long as it's included in the classpath.
OJB can't find the dependent files even if they're placed in the same
directory as repository.xml.

Previously with 0.9.7, it is possible to just place all these files in a
directory, and include the directory in classpath.

Is this a bug, or I'm missing something?

Thanks and regards,
Lee Haw

Re: New metadata handling issue?

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
Hi,

> After upgrading from 0.9.7 to 0.9.9.1 (latest from CVS), we have to
make
> some changes to our code especially with the ODMG API. The
Database.open()
> method was able to take "repository.xml" as database name. Now we have
> use a jcd-alias defined in jdbc-connection-descriptor. Which is
alright.

> However, with 0.9.9.1, all dependent files of repository.xml (DTD,
> repository_user.xml, ...) have to reside in the JVM working directory.
The
> repository.xml can be in anywhere as long as it's included in the
classpath.
> OJB can't find the dependent files even if they're placed in the same
> directory as repository.xml.
>
> Previously with 0.9.7, it is possible to just place all these files in
> directory, and include the directory in classpath.
>
> Is this a bug, or I'm missing something?

This could be a bug. I made many changes to implement the
new metadata handling, after my check in I got a similar problem when
run OJB within JBoss. But I couldn't figure it out.

regards,
Armin

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>