Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Moley Harey <mo...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/01 14:58:57 UTC

Where can I download VFSLogFilePatternReceiver API for Chainsaw?

Hi folks,

As still I could not work properly with chainsaw using Java Web Start, I was
thinking about a workaround solution which is the use the
"VFSLogFilePatternReceiver" to access a remote log file and display it into
Tomcat.

The problem is that I have downloaded the standalone version of Chainsaw
from the web and it seems I do not have that package
"org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.vfs.VFSLogFilePatternReceiver" in any of the
*.jar I downloaded, this is the full list of libraries I have:

jakarta-oro-2.0.6.jar
jmdns.jar
log4j-1.3alpha-7.jar
log4j-chainsaw-2.0alpha-1.jar
log4j-optional-1.3alpha-7.jar
log4j-oro-1.3alpha-7.jar
log4j-smtp-1.3alpha-7.jar
log4j-xml-1.3alpha-7.jar
log4j-zeroconf.jar
xstream-1.1.2.jar

To create a VFSLogFilePatternReceiverdo I have to install some extra stuff
to Chainsaw?

Thanks in advance,

Mh

Re: Where can I download VFSLogFilePatternReceiver API for Chainsaw?

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.
That's rght.

The Chainaw files are here:
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/webstart/chainsaw/

Notice you'll find the jnlp in there (that's the codebase in the jnlp file),
and the jars referenced in the jnlp are under lib.

Scott

Posted by Moley Harey <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Moley Harey <mo...@gmail.com>.