Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2011/10/27 04:29:34 UTC

A worthy milestone in getting to 0.2.0

The latest build:
     http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Trunk/job/Bigtop-trunk-matrix/14/

is the first Bigtop build ever to be flawlessly deployed by our puppet code
to the dynamic EC2 cluster:
     http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Test/job/DeployCluster/147/

No workaround, no nothing -- so far stuff just works (using crossed fingers to
knock on wood).

That's really great! We're now fully unblocked to do some major testing!

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: A worthy milestone in getting to 0.2.0

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
It is actually quite great! Speaking from the first hand experience after
wasting 2 hours to put .205 on 5 nodes starting from rpms and ending up with
tar balls... So, having a smooth deployment of the latest Apache release
provided by yet another Apache project is the major milestone for sure!

Cos

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Kudos guys!