Posted to user@commons.apache.org by cthulhu <ja...@eml.cc> on 2003/05/28 02:41:59 UTC

Invalid Option Code: 91 (org.apache.commons.net.telnet.SimpleOptionHandler)

Hi,
I'm absolutely new to telnet, I have readen the RFC and more or less
understood it.
I'm playing around with a MUD client and want to answer the server that
i can handle MXP.
 From some docs I'have found the telnet negotiation should work in the
following way:

(Sent from server to client)   <IAC><WILL><MXP>
(Sent from client to server)   <IAC><DO><MXP>
(Sent from server to client)   <IAC><SB><MXP><IAC><SE>
Following this sequence the server can then start sending MXP tags.

If I understood rightly how all this works I have to register a
OptionHandler for the option MXP wich int value is 91

SimpleOptionHandler mxpopt = new SimpleOptionHandler(91, false, false,
false, true);     // not sure about the flags but that's not the point,
or not?
client.addOptionHandler(mxpopt);

Now, when I run the program a InvalidTelnetOtionException is thrown
telling me that 91 is an invalid option code...
What I'm doing wrong? Does that mean that the server doesent has any MXP
otpion(but it should, I can see MXP working with another client)? Or I
just got everything the wrong way?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Marco

Re: Invalid Option Code: 91 (org.apache.commons.net.telnet.SimpleOptionHandler)

Posted by cthulhu <ja...@eml.cc>.
Well, i found a hack who solves it.
I changed

    public static int NEW_ENVIRONMENT_VARIABLES = 39;

    public static int NEW_ENVIRONMENT_VARIABLES = 100;

in the TelnetOption class and now it works :)
Shouldn't be there a better way to handle this?

Marco