Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Vladimir Ralev <vl...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/20 21:16:36 UTC

Errors when trying to compact

Hi,

So I am trying to compact a bigcouch DB (couch 1.1.1, on r15b) with

curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST
http://localhost:5984/my_db/_compact#=> {"ok":true}

and it does indeed return {"ok", true}

I dont think the compaction worked, the size is unchanged.

however when I look into the logs in fact this error is displayed:

[Mon, 20 Jan 2014 16:13:17 GMT] [error] [emulator] [--------] Error in
process <0.3208.218> on node 'bigcouch@bigcouch-server' with exit value:
{undef,[{couch_task_status,update,["Copied ~p of ~p changes
(~p%)",[0,7386,0]]},{couch_db_updater,'-copy_compact/3-fun-0-',6},{couch_btree,stream_kv_node2,8},{couch_btree,stream_kp_node,8},{couch_btree,fold,4},{couch_db_updater...

Could it be failing silently and is there some other way to debug it? Those
are debug logs BTW, just a single error level line.

Re: Errors when trying to compact

Posted by Adam Kocoloski <ko...@apache.org>.
Hi Vladimir, compaction is an asynchronous process and so only a small subset of the possible errors that could occur during a compaction will surface in time to be reported as part of the response to your POST request.

Adam

Posted by Vladimir Ralev <vl...@gmail.com>.