Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeffrey E Burgoyne <bu...@keenuh.com> on 2010/12/02 17:13:13 UTC

[users@httpd] Question on module development

This may not be the right group, and if so can someone point me to an
appropriate list.

I am looking at the development of a system (either CGI or custom in house
module (handler)) where I have need to access more information from an SSL
session than seems to be provided with the standard environment variable
provided through the Apache SSL. I've done a number of development
projects using OpenSSL, and apache module development, so my experience in
both is fairly extensive.

Of interest to me is if there is a way to gather more information (such as
the ssl_st structure) within a module when an SSL connection was
established.

What really is of interest to me is to make use of the information in the
alternate fields in a client presented cert available for either the
module or a CGI program.

Thanks.

--
Jeffrey Burgoyne
Chief Technology Officer

Re: [users@httpd] Question on module development

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.
----- "Jeffrey E Burgoyne" <bu...@keenuh.com> wrote:

> This may not be the right group, and if so can someone point me to an
> appropriate list.

http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html#modules-dev

or:
http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html#http-dev

> I am looking at the development of a system (either CGI or custom in
> house
> module (handler)) where I have need to access more information from an
> SSL
> session than seems to be provided with the standard environment
> variable
> provided through the Apache SSL. I've done a number of development
> projects using OpenSSL, and apache module development, so my
> experience in
> both is fairly extensive.
>
> Of interest to me is if there is a way to gather more information
> (such as
> the ssl_st structure) within a module when an SSL connection was
> established.
>
> What really is of interest to me is to make use of the information in
> the
> alternate fields in a client presented cert available for either the
> module or a CGI program.

A lot of mod_ssl's internals are made available through the ENV:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/mod_ssl.html#envvars

> Thanks.
>

> --
> Jeffrey Burgoyne