Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by fatboy <br...@texnet.com> on 2007/01/17 20:42:49 UTC

Manager Links - how to fix???

I've just installed tomcat 5.5.20 and the administrator.

I notice on the "home" page there is a hard link coded to access the "Tomcat
Manager":

http://<url>/manager/html

Once in the manager, in the "Manager" section, there is a link to "List
Applications" which points to:

http://<url>/manager/html/list - links to itself from what I can tell and
don't understand. Is the "list" portion a switch for manager application?

In the "Applications" section  the "Path" column links to all applications.
The "/manager" link points to:

http://<url>/manager

Which throws a 404 error:

HTTP Status 404 - /manager/

type Status report

message /manager/

description The requested resource (/manager/) is not available.
Apache Tomcat/5.5.20

I know I've got plenty to learn and read. I would like to fix the link
and/or know I've not/have installed tomcat correctly before I continue.

Thanks for any suggestions.

RE: Manager Links - how to fix???

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: fatboy [mailto:brian@texnet.com]
> Subject: Manager Links - how to fix???
>
> In the "Applications" section  the "Path" column links to all
> applications.

It's really just a list of deployed applications; the links are just
guesses about how to invoke them.

> The "/manager" link points to:
>
> http://<url>/manager
>
> Which throws a 404 error:

That's expected and not a problem.  The manager app is really a
collection of sub-applications such as html, list, sessions, start, etc.
There is no welcome page or servlet mapping for plain "/manager".

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.