Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2013/08/15 15:04:41 UTC

ISIS-490 ... Switching to slf4j logging API (with log4j as underlying)

As a bit of tidy-up on a discussion thread a while back [1], I've now
implemented ISIS-490 [2].

Since isis-core-metamodel had a bunch of very log4j-specific stuff (custom
Appenders etc), I've pulled that out into  a new isis-core-log4j module.

If you are building Isis from source via Eclipse [3], then please import
this new module.

Note that at the moment Isis (in particular the Wicket viewer) still
bootstraps using IsisLoggingConfigurer), (now a part of this new
isis-core-log4j module), so there is no fundamental difference in wiring.
 A future ticket could, I suppose, make the SLF4J binding chosen at runtime.

Thx
Dan

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/pxjdjde2cibjml2f
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ISIS-490