Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Alberto Garcia <al...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/19 12:50:50 UTC

Concept Mapper Annotator Question

We are starting to use UIMA framework for entity identification. We base
our solution on some dictionaries which contains the entities we need to
recognize.

We are using the Concept Mapper annotator, and it works really fast
recognizing the complete name of an entity, but it fails recognizing part
of the entity, let me explain that with an example,

Lets say we have this entry on the dictionary:

<token canonical=*"Location"* DOCNO=*"10000"*>

    <variant base = *"New York City"*/>

</token>

If we call the service with “*New York City” *as input text  it recognize
the entity as Location,

If we call the service with “*New City York” *or different permutations it
recognize the entity as Location,

BUT If we call the service with “*New City”*  it does not recognize it as a
Location.

Can anyone tell me how I can implement or configure this behavior for the
Concept Annotator?