Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by CurtisRopp <cr...@teamropp.com> on 2011/03/11 20:43:07 UTC

ActiveMQ 5.4.2 vs 5.1.0 Disk I/O Issues

Were running 5.1.0 in production producing 100 to 200 messages per second
into one queue that then gets filtered and routed to 5 other queues and a
topic. The performance is very acceptable but the stability has been an
issue. Were trying to move to 5.4.2 with a very similar config. The problem
arises not when writing messages but as soon as we connect consumers the
disk i/o goes from 10% to 100% with just three queue consumers. I have tried
both Kaha and amq stores with 5.4.2 and it does not make a difference. Have
there been changes made to the networkConnectors between 5.1.0 and 5.4.2
that would require us to update them or set properties that were not
previously enforced to see similar performance? Or maybe just point at my
new 5.4.2 conf and say what the heck are you doing that for.

Any help appreciated for I have very little hair left

5.1.0 Configuration

                    " producerFlowControl="false">

                    " producerFlowControl="false" />

5.4.2