Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Knoll, Craig" <Cr...@fnc.fujitsu.com> on 2001/07/19 18:45:47 UTC

distribution

In the binary distribution folders, there are several files. I know I need "jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3.zip" but what is "jakarta-servletapi-3.2.3.zip used for? Do I need this file in conjunction with Tomcat? Is it for JSP? Is the usage of this file documented?

Thanks.

Craig

RE: distribution

Posted by Mike Jackson <mj...@cdi-hq.com>.
It's servlet api docs.  Or at least that's what my cursory look said it was.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com

Re: distribution

Posted by John Hebert <jo...@vedalabs.com>.

Re: distribution

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Knoll, Craig wrote:

> In the binary distribution folders, there are several files. I know I
> need "jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3.zip" but what is
> "jakarta-servletapi-3.2.3.zip used for? Do I need this file in
> conjunction with Tomcat? Is it for JSP? Is the usage of this file
> documented?

The jakarta-servletapi-3.2.3 zip contains the sources and Javadocs for the
servlet API classes.  You don't need it unless you want them (or unless
you are building Tomcat from sources), because the 3.2.3 binary
distribution includes the "servlet.jar" file built from these classes.

> Thanks.
>
> Craig

Craig McClanahan