Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by DAVID SMITH <da...@btinternet.com> on 2015/09/12 21:59:00 UTC

Advanced UI on a Processor

Hi
I have to create a processor that dedupes  some values held in an flowfile attribute against a set of 'criteria' that may vary over time. I then need to update/create a new attribute based on the algorithm and then route on this attribute. I have a prototype of this processor working but I currently input the criteria as properties, but because of the fluidity of the criteria this is impracticable to maintain.I thought I could use an Advanced tab such as that used in the UpdateAttribute processor, this would allow me to input as many criteria as I wish hold them in some sort of set and then use them within my processor algorithm without having to rebuild the processor.   So I would be looking at changing 'rule' to criteria, dispense with the 'conditions'  area and change the actions area columns to Start and Stop.
To try this out I have copied the UpdateAttribute sub-project, when I rename the processor within the project and build it the 'Advanced' button is no longer visible in the processor properties tab.   How do I ensure the 'Advanced' button appears on my processor and the Advanced pane appears?
Many ThanksDave

Re: Advanced UI on a Processor

Posted by DAVID SMITH <da...@btinternet.com>.
Matt
Thanks for that, it worked a treat, now I can work how to make my own Advanced UI.
Dave

     On Saturday, 12 September 2015, 22:20, Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Dave,

Under META-INF in the war you should see a file that indicates which processor type that custom UI is for. Make sure that has your processors type specified. Let me know if that helps.

Matt

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
Dave,