Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Kristian Rink <ka...@googlemail.com> on 2011/02/11 22:00:40 UTC

lucene and "missing attachments"

Folks;

having running couchdb 1.0.1 (Ubuntu 10.10) and a recent build of
couchdb-lucene, I am having trouble to do attachment full text
indexing. Running the sample code provided with the couchdb-lucene
README, I continuously end up with an error just alike this:

{"error":"not_found","reason":"Document is missing attachment"}

Googling the web, I found just few information on that, mostly telling
that it might be caused by a couchdb version too old for the
couchdb-lucene extension. Could this also be my specific case, or might
there be other issues causing this problem? Attachments in question
aren't around for every document in my database, but, if there's an
attachment, then it's a content.xml filled with meta-information (RDF)
as provided by aperture framework... Can't really provide any more log
output on that as there is none... :)

TIA for any hints on that,
Kristian

Re: lucene and "missing attachments"

Posted by Kristian Rink <ka...@googlemail.com>.
Am Sat, 12 Feb 2011 10:40:19 +0000
schrieb Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>:

> Can you show your index function?

Folks;

blame me, sorry for the mess-up. I should have actually added
the ../_fti/... to the URL being called to make use of the full text
indexing. Classical case of PICNIC I guess... :/

Sorry again and thanks for your patience.
K.

Re: lucene and "missing attachments"

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Keith Gable <zi...@gmail.com>.
I don't know if you have the patience or not, but you could convert
the attachment XML document to JSON and store it as a property.

Is your indexing function checking for doc.attachments and that it has
a length greater than zero?