Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by bh...@actrix.gen.nz on 2011/10/01 20:43:14 UTC

Re: Yet another PageExpiredException question

Hi Alec,

Wicket 1.5.1 includes an improvement that deals with expired pages
gracefully if they are mapped.

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-4014

Regards,

Bernard

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 15:26:15 -0600, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have recently reviewed our application log files and noticed a lot
>of PageExpiredException error logs. Here are some of them:
>
>1. PageExpiredException: Cannot find the rendered page in session
>[pagemap=null,componentPath=1,versionNumber=0]
>2. PageExpiredException: No behaviors attached to component
>[MarkupContainer [Component id = mainMenuItemLink]]
>
>We use approach described in this article
>http://web.mac.com/jonathan.locke/iWeb/JonathanLocke/Blog/C68818AE-E983-4D7A-B6BF-E95CD886BFF2.html
>to return the previous response page if it's not null and not equal to
>the current page that threw exception. We do this for every exception
>that goes throuh WebRequestCycle#onRuntimeException(). Is this a bad
>idea?
>
>The page that typically throws these exceptions has no-arg constructor
>and constructor that takes PageParameters, which I assume qualifies it
>as stateless. When I breakpoint in onAfterRender()
>WebPage#isStateless() returns true. But the page has a lot of AJAX
>components. Could this be causing PageExpiredExceptions?
>
>Some people on this list recommended creating and returning a new
>instance of the page that caused the error. Others, like the article
>above, recommend returning the last rendered page.
>
>What's the recommended way to handle PageExpiredExceptions?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Alec

Re: Yet another PageExpiredException question

Posted by bh...@actrix.gen.nz.
Alec,

Please download the testcase from the Jira attachment. It contains
workarounds for HybridUrlCodingStrategy and AJAX requests.

Regards,

Bernard

Posted by Alec Swan <al...@gmail.com>.