Posted to user@poi.apache.org by krishnanand thiyadath <at...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/03 20:30:54 UTC

data lost, when comment is added to the cell

Hi Guys,

I am new to POI API. I am using HSSF for reading and modifying the excel
file.
I will be having five tabs (sheets) in the excel sheet. I will be reading
the contents from
the cell and validating it.If the content in the cell is not valid, i will
add a comment to that cell
with error message.
When i add comment to the cell and save the modified excel to a new
location,
some data in the excel sheet is lost.
Particularly, I have a cell which acts as a drop down, from which the user
will be able to select a value. When i add comment and save the excel, the
list of values in
the drop down is lost.

Can any one please help me on this.

If you guys need anymore information, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
--
with thanks,
krishnanand.