Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Cesar Lugo <ce...@sisorg.com.mx> on 2015/10/09 00:11:27 UTC

Apache ISIS and Ionic JavaScript

Hello. I have been getting familiar with Apache ISIS and so far I have
created an application which uses about 10 domain entities with their
corresponding domain services, and integrated the Excel and the Gmap3 add-on
modules. So far so good, I can see that the framework does a great job with
DDD and RAD!.

Now I am trying to use Ionic framework to build a client app using Apache
ISIS services, but I am not experienced with Ionic or Javascript.

So far I followed an Ionic tutorial and built a basic menu application and
adapted it to use some basic dummy REST services included in an Ionic
tutorial.  The client app is working with some dummy REST services, and now
I am trying to make it work with the Apache ISIS REST services, but so far I
have not been successful on that. I have not been able to make RESTful calls
to get the objects within my Apache ISIS application. I have been following
Apache ISIS tutorials and samples you provide and they are great, but I have
not been able to find a sample application or tutorial to use Apache ISIS
REST services from a Ionic or JavaScript application. I am probably not
parsing the Apache ISIS REST JSON messages properly, which seem to be quite
different from some basic REST JSON services I have been using in the Ionic
tutorial.

Could you please direct me to some sample app or tutorial to help me
understand how can I build such a Ionic or JavaScript app that uses Apache
ISIS REST services from my Apache ISIS app?

Also, any advice or direction on which client framework to use to build
mobile and web client apps with Apache ISIS will be highly appreciated.

Cesar Lugo.

---