Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bart Molenkamp <b....@bizzdesign.nl> on 2004/11/04 15:05:58 UTC

[CForms] I18n text on buttons

Hi all,

I want to place some I18n text on a (submit) button. The difference with
buttons is that the label of that button is placed inside the @value
attribute of the input. By default, the I18n transformer doesn't
transform these tags unless there is another tag on the input:

What would be a good method to solve this?

1. Is it a good idea to add an @i18n:attr="value" attribute on every
input tag (place this code in forms-field-styling.xsl) (Is it good
practive to have i18n stuff mixed in within those stylesheets?)

2. Use the i18n transformer to transform the form definition *before* it
is used by the form manager.

Bart.

Re: [CForms] I18n text on buttons

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Bart Molenkamp wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I want to place some I18n text on a (submit) button. The difference with
>buttons is that the label of that button is placed inside the @value
>attribute of the input. By default, the I18n transformer doesn't
>transform these tags unless there is another tag on the input:
>
>What would be a good method to solve this?

Within a CForms pipeline, the i18n transformer normally comes _before_
the formatting stylesheets. That way, all labels are represented as
<fi:label> whatever their final destination is.

Sylvain