Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jesper Linvald <JE...@maerskdata.dk> on 2004/08/24 09:08:51 UTC

Plugin install

Hello all,

I find myself having trouble installing my plugin.

I use the command "plugin:install-now" after which I expect to be able to
run my plugin. I try deleting the various cache files, running
"plugin:install" etc.
In the end maven says that the goal I am trying to run dosent exist....I
checked the cache folder and the unpacked plugin and the goal is there...

How is the plugin development cycle...which plugin commands should I run -
where do I go wrong?

Regards

Jesper Linvald
MAERSK DATA TRANSPORT
Tel no.: +45 3911 1891
e-mail: JELI@maerskdata.dk

Re: Plugin install

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
I usually blow away the cache directory if that starts happening....

RE: Plugin install

Posted by Charles Daniels <cj...@yahoo.com>.
This has been posted before.  To reiterate, you should execute
plugin:uninstall to remove your existing version of the plugin.  Then run
plugin:install again.  This is necessary if you have added a new goal since
your previous run of plugin:install due to caching.  Once you uninstall then
install again, your new goal(s) should be picked up.

Re: Plugin install

Posted by Jesper Linvald <JE...@maerskdata.dk>.
Hi Shinobu,

Re: Plugin install