Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Junk Mail Account <js...@entropy-labs.com> on 2002/09/16 07:09:21 UTC

Problem validating jsp:directive.include when using JSTL

Hi,

I'm using the JSTL 1.0.1 core and xml libraries on Weblogic 7.0.

When the validators specified in x.tld and c.tld are run on a JSP page that uses the jsp:directive.include tag I get the following error message:

[java] java.io.IOException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: The taglib validator rejected the page: "org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed., "

Curiously, the error message does not appear when the included file is empty, but does occur when the included file includes a trivial well formed XML snippet "<OY/>".

When I comment out the validators in the x.tld and c.tld files, everything works fine, but I wish to continue using the validators.

Does anybody here have an idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

JWS

Re: Problem validating jsp:directive.include when using JSTL

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Junk Mail Account wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the JSTL 1.0.1 core and xml libraries on Weblogic 7.0.
>
> When the validators specified in x.tld and c.tld are run on a JSP page
> that uses the jsp:directive.include tag I get the following error
> message:
>
> [java] java.io.IOException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: The taglib
> validator rejected the page: "org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The
> markup in the document following the root element must be
> well-formed., "

I believe this is a WebLogic bug, as the validators use an XML document
constructed by the container; the validators themselves play no part in
constructing this underlying text.  You're not the only user to have
encountered this on WebLogic.

By the way, completely as an aside, I almost skipped your message since it
claimed it was from "Junk Mail Account"; it makes sense to *have* a
junk-mail account, but it might be a bad idea to label outgoing messages
that way!  :)

--
Shawn Bayern