Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Justin Koke <Ju...@news.com.au> on 2002/02/20 23:50:28 UTC

Session Handling

Hi Everyone,

I am currently testing out JMeter for some load testing on a JSP based
website. The site requires you to log in and then gives you a cookie to
maintain your JSESSIONID.

I have been trying to record a simple test plan of logging in viewing a page
within the login area and then logging out. But when I come to selecting a
page from within the logged in area, I get thrown back to the main login
page.

Thus my Session is not being stored.

I have tried to implement a Cookie Manager to handle the Cookie request (I
guess this is what it does), but I have yet to get this to work, when
recording the above scenario. Entering a session manually into the Cookie
manager has not worked either.

Am I placing the Cookie manager at the wrong level of the test case ? ... I
have tried placing it inside and outside of the controller, all with little
success.

I am currently using the latest build from CVS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin