Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by janw <ja...@gmx.de> on 2006/10/05 14:46:57 UTC

Render Response phase is skipped

Hello,

how can it be that for some pages the RENDER_RESPONSE Phase is skipped?
I use a PhaseTracker which dumps every phase that is run through, and there
are JSPs which are correctly rendered, but for which the phase is not
traversed.

Jan

Re: Render Response phase is skipped

Posted by janw <ja...@gmx.de>.

After your responses I thought the mistake must be on my side.
And I found the reason:
I used another PhaseListener (let it be listener_1), one that works like the
one from Cagatay
(http://www.jroller.com/page/cagataycivici?entry=managed_beans_aware_of_the).
But I defined PhaseID = RENDER_RESPONSE (it didn't work for me with
Restore_View).

So the mistake was in beforePhase() of listener_1.
The variable "managedBeanName" might be empty in my case.
When then calling createValueBinding("${}"), an exception was thrown (and
not caught).
I don't know why beforePhase() then is not called for further listeners, but
now I know the reason and could solve it.
Thanks for the hints.

Jan

  public void beforePhase(PhaseEvent phaseEvent) {
    String viewId = phaseEvent.getFacesContext().getViewRoot().getViewId();

    if (viewId.endsWith(".jsf") || viewId.endsWith(".jsp")) {
      String managedBeanName = getManagedBeanNameFromView(viewId);
      // --- The next line could throw the exception ---
      Object object = facesContext.getApplication().createValueBinding("#{"
+ managedBeanName + "}").getValue(facesContext);
      if (object == null){
        logger.error("OnPageLoad cannot be executed, no such managed bean:"+
managedBeanName);
      }
      else {
      }
    }

Re: Render Response phase is skipped

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jan,

I wouldn't know of anything in MyFaces which would render a response
to the user, but not traverse the RENDER_RESPONSE phase in some means
- only exception that would come to my mind are special
phase-listeners.

regards,

Martin

On 10/5/06, Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This happen is FacesContext.responseComplete is called during another phase
> of the lifecycle. That method can be called for various reasons, like a
> redirection occuring in another phase for example.
>

>  Regards,
>
> ~ Simon
>

> On 10/5/06, janw <ja...@gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > how can it be that for some pages the RENDER_RESPONSE Phase is skipped?
> > I use a PhaseTracker which dumps every phase that is run through, and
> there
> > are JSPs which are correctly rendered, but for which the phase is not
> > traversed.
> >
> > Jan
> > --

http://www.irian.at