Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "G, Jithendra (Indsys)" <Ji...@geind.ge.com> on 2003/04/04 18:05:30 UTC

Having problem in connecting to VSS

Hi,

I'm having problem in connecting to VSS and get the files.Its giving
java.io.IOException : create process error in connecting to VSS.I'm giving
"ssdir" path to the VSS folder where ss.exe available.
Please help me out in solve this problem.
Thanks in advance,
Jithendra.

"THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE ALONG WITH ANY ATTACHMENTS IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE
ADDRESSEE and may contain confidential and privileged information.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this
communication is strictly Prohibited.
If you have received this message by error, please notify us
immediately, return the original mail to the sender and delete the
message from your system."

Re: Having problem in connecting to VSS

Posted by Martin <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Ajay
you are correct ssdir does point to the location of ss.ini
dont forget the serverpath= specification
-Martin

Posted by Jesse Stockall <je...@cryptocard.com>.
On Friday, April 4, 2003, at 06:45  PM, Ajay Gautam wrote:
> I could be very wrong here, but shouldn't ssdir point to the directory
> that contains the ini file for VSS bank ?

 From the docs:

ssdir  	   directory where ss.exe resides. By default the task expects
it to be in the PATH.
serverPath  directory where ss.ini resides.

Jesse Stockall - jesse@cryptocard.com
CRYPTOCard Corp.

Re: Having problem in connecting to VSS

Posted by Ajay Gautam <aj...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Jesse Stockall <je...@cryptocard.com>.
On Friday, April 4, 2003, at 11:05  AM, G, Jithendra (Indsys) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having problem in connecting to VSS and get the files.Its giving
> java.io.IOException : create process error in connecting to VSS.I'm
> giving
> "ssdir" path to the VSS folder where ss.exe available.
> Please help me out in solve this problem.
> Thanks in advance,
> Jithendra.

Ant can't find ss.exe. Run with '-debug' and check the path that Ant is
trying to execute.

Try pasting that path on the command line to see if you can execute
ss.exe