Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Leonardo <st...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/19 23:53:21 UTC

A question about Data Integration

Hi all,
I'm new to this ML and to the Shindig world, I'm trying to understand
all the flow,
so please forgive me if I don't know all the concepts.. (and for my
english too ;)  )
I'm playing with the php container.
I have a webapp I would like to "OpenSocialize", it is written in Ruby On Rails.
I understood that the bridge between the container and the DB is
located in the 3 classes
BasicPeopleService, BasicActivitiesService and BasicDataHandler.. right?
Now, instead of coding there all the SQL necessary to query my DB
I would like to know if there's a standard way to "communicate" with
my Rails Application (server-to-server) and what steps are required to
my Rails App in order to be OpenSocialized .. (e.g. becoming an OAuth
provider..)

Thank to all,
leonardo

Re: A question about Data Integration

Posted by Leonardo <st...@gmail.com>.
hi,
I found partuza some days ago... it looks very interesting.
I'm trying to understand how this could be done in Ruby On Rails.

thanks
leo

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl>.

Posted by Leonardo <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Ruffin, John" <jr...@achfood.com>.
Chris, I had a similar question to this yesterday (Data Integration:
Guidance).  I created a DAO layer which provides access to a db schema
based on the open_social.sql script on your website.

So, should I make calls from /src/socialrest to this layer somehow?

BTW, enjoyed chatting @ Google I/O.

On Jun 19, 2008, at 11:53 PM, Leonardo wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm new to this ML and to the Shindig world, I'm trying to understand
> all the flow,
> so please forgive me if I don't know all the concepts.. (and for my
> english too ;)  )
> I'm playing with the php container.
> I have a webapp I would like to "OpenSocialize", it is written in
> Ruby On Rails.
> I understood that the bridge between the container and the DB is
> located in the 3 classes
> BasicPeopleService, BasicActivitiesService and BasicDataHandler..
> right?
> Now, instead of coding there all the SQL necessary to query my DB
> I would like to know if there's a standard way to "communicate" with
> my Rails Application (server-to-server) and what steps are required to
> my Rails App in order to be OpenSocialized .. (e.g. becoming an OAuth
> provider..)
>

> Thank to all,
> leonardo

This email and its attachments are confidential, subject to copyright and may be legally privileged. If they have come to you in error you should take no action based upon the contents nor should you copy or show them to anyone. Please delete the email and its attachments and inform admin@achfood.com. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ACH Food Companies, Inc.

Security: Internet email is not a completely secure medium, please note this when considering the content of your message.

Viruses: We take precautions to ensure email is free of viruses but cannot make a guarantee. Accordingly we advise scanning all email and attachments.

Re: A question about Data Integration

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl>.