Posted to user@struts.apache.org by xianwinwin <xi...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/31 19:40:34 UTC

ajax layout - how to place 2 submit buttons one after the other?

Hi guys,

    I've been strugling with this one for a while: How is it possible to
place 2 (or more) buttons one after the other?

Currently, my buttons looks like this:

[update]
[test]

and I wish to have:    [update]  [test]

my jsp code:

<s:submit action="email_updateEmail" value="%{'update'}" align="center"
theme="ajax" targets="confirm_result" />
<s:submit action="email_testEmail" value="%{'test'}"  align="center"
theme="ajax" targets="confirm_result" />

RE: ajax layout - how to place 2 submit buttons one after the other?

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Roger Varley <ro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > There are at least three choices:
> >
> > (1) Do something via CSS (inline or something)
> > (2) Modify the existing Ajax theme
> > (3) Create a new theme
>
> I know I'm probably going to be shot down in flames for this, but why do
> the Struts 2 tags attempt to control any sort of layout? Why is there not a
> theme that simply renders the tags and relies on a seperate CSS to do the
> layout.

No shooting down, just a reminder that this is what the "css_xhtml" theme
attempts to do, sometimes successfully.

Dave

Re: ajax layout - how to place 2 submit buttons one after the other?

Posted by Roger Varley <ro...@googlemail.com>.

> There are at least three choices:
>
> (1) Do something via CSS (inline or something)
> (2) Modify the existing Ajax theme
> (3) Create a new theme

I know I'm probably going to be shot down in flames for this, but why do the
Struts 2 tags attempt to control any sort of layout? Why is there not a theme
that simply renders the tags and relies on a seperate CSS to do the layout.

(I know .. and if I had the skill, I'd probably try)

Regards

Re: ajax layout - how to place 2 submit buttons one after the other?

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- xianwinwin <xi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>     I've been strugling with this one for a while: How is it possible to
> place 2 (or more) buttons one after the other?
>
> Currently, my buttons looks like this:
>
> [update]
> [test]
>
> and I wish to have:    [update]  [test]

There are at least three choices:

(1) Do something via CSS (inline or something)
(2) Modify the existing Ajax theme
(3) Create a new theme

(2) and (3) involve extracting one or more themes (a good idea for
performance anyway) and either modifying a current theme or creating a new
one.

Dave