Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Steve Kapinos <St...@tandberg.com> on 2008/08/12 16:55:53 UTC

Start point for graphing long term results

Was hoping some had some guidance based on past experience

I currently have a series of test plans that log results, notably things
like durations.

Now I want to start adding trending analysis to the jmeter results.  The
testplans are ran automatically through our continuous integration
server and logs are output.  I'd like to take these logs, parse, and
graph them over multiple runs.  Anyone done this previous?  Have some
recommendations on start points?

Thanks

Steve

RE: Start point for graphing long term results

Posted by Mark Hetchler <ma...@Qsent.com>.
We do this using Perl. A main perl script functions as a wrapper to
JMeter, calling JMeter non-gui mode tests via system(). Once the runs
are complete we parse the JMeter logs, compute our own stats and output
a summary. Excel then does the rest. In our Perl code, we use a
statistics module, "Statistics::Descriptive", that makes it easy to
compute the 90th percentile (and all kinds of other things).

-Mark