Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jan-willem speckmann <Ja...@regus.com> on 2011/02/17 22:43:45 UTC

[users@httpd] relay or forward or route or redirect HTTP requests

Hi there.

Is it possible and if yes with what technique/program to achieve the
following:

Situation:

I have a network with a public accessible webserver on  'WAN-a'

Here runs an Apache server (CentOS Linux).

This server has a second interface 'LAN-b'

Further down on 'LAN-b' is a Cisco PABX (telephone server) that is
managed via an internal webserver (tomcat).

Goal:

The setup the apache server (or other server/program/...) on 'WAN-a' in
such a way that requests from external users are handled/passed/routed
via the internal 'LAN-b' to the webinterface of the PABX and vice versa.

I'm not sure if this is called routing, relaying, proxy, or ....

So I don't know in what direction I need to search and investigate for a
solution.

Any tips guiding/leading in the right direction are very welcome.

Thanks

Jan-Willem Speckmann

The information in this email is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by
return email at contact@regus.com
Regus PLC, 26, Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg