Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Lasker, Kory" <kl...@qwest.com> on 2002/10/22 22:06:58 UTC

WSDL and SOAP response inconsistencies

Can anyone give me a good explanation of why my SOAP-encoded RPC responses
do not always obey my mixed case object name and attributes.

For example, if I get a simple response back that includes a "StreetAddress"
object, why does the SOAP response look like this:

<multiRef id="id0" SOAP-ENC:root="0"
encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding"
xsi:type="ns4:StreetAddress" xmlns:ns4="http://myuri.org">
  <ERRORMSG xsi:type="xsd:string"></ERRORMSG>
  <REGION xsi:type="xsd:string"></REGION>
  <streetAddress href="#id1"/>
</multiRef>

Notice the lower case "s" in streetAddress (this should be StreetAddress
according to the WSDL and my objects).

Moreover, within the StreetAddress object I have a field called "IsRanged"
that is returned by SOAP as "isRanged".

Any ideas?

Kory

Re: WSDL and SOAP response inconsistencies

Posted by Brian Zupke <br...@enterworks.com>.
My guess is that it has to do with the standard naming convention of
having attributes start with a lower-case letter.  You may want to try
changing your objects to start with lower case and see if you still have
the problem.

-Brian

--

http://home.earthlink.net/~bzupke/index.html

                             /---\      O        O   O
Brian Zupke                  ||O |      +_       +_  +_
Work: (909)466-9250          |\<^|     .\ </-+- .\ <;\ <;

                             Burley    Burley    Bike Friday
                             d'Lite    Piccolo   Project Q