Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jon Baer <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/29 21:02:25 UTC

Getting /handlers from response and dynamically removing them

This is just something that seems to come up now and then ...

* - Id like to write a last-component which does something specific for a particular declared handler /handler1 for example and there is no way to determine which handler it came from @ the moment (or can it?)
* - It would be nice if there was someway to dynamically update (enable/disable) handlers on the fly, specifically update handlers, Id imagine something working like the way logging currently is laid out in the admin.

Any thoughts on these 2?

- Jon

Re: Getting /handlers from response and dynamically removing them

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Also, its not possible currently to reload a handler w/o a restart correct?

There are methods that can be used to dynamicly add/remove handlers from
SolrCore -- but there are no built in adminstrtive commands to do so.

-Hoss

Re: Getting /handlers from response and dynamically removing them

Posted by Jon Baer <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the qt tip, I will try that.

Im building a Solr installation as a small standalone and Id like to disable everything but the /select after an import has been completed.  In normal situations just the master would be setup to index and the slaves are read but in this case I need to allow imports on a standalone w/ a small index and allow updates only when the handler is enabled.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.