Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Sarah Baker <sb...@mspot.com> on 2011/11/19 01:42:34 UTC

cassandra-cli prompt meaning

Re: Cassandra 0.8.7

Where will I find what the first part of the Cassandra-cli prompt means?

I've turned on SimpleAuthenticator/SimpleAuthority.

I connect via the Cassandra-cli

[default@unknown] connect localhost/9160 dilbert 'nomoovertime'
...     ;
Connected to: "Test Cluster" on localhost/9160
[dilbert@unknown] use Twissandra;
Authenticated to keyspace: Twissandra
[default@Twissandra] create column family User with comparator = UTF8Type;
[default@Twissandra] set User['jsmith']['first'] = 'John';
Value inserted.

I come in as user dilbert, and initially see that reflected in the prompt,
but after I use Twissandra, why isn't the prompt dilbert@Twissandra?
The second half is clearly the keyspace.
What's the first? and is it modal?

-Sarah

Re: cassandra-cli prompt meaning

Posted by Nate McCall <na...@datastax.com>.
The first part of the prompt is for the authenticated user.
Authentication is per-keyspace, hence the default after you have
switched keyspaces.