Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Serkan TAS <Se...@enerjisa.com> on 2017/12/25 08:16:57 UTC

Which kafka client to use with spark streaming

Hi,

Working on spark 2.2.0 cluster and 1.0 kafka brokers.

I was using the library
"org.apache.spark" % "spark-streaming-kafka-0-10_2.11" % "2.2.0"

and had lots of problems during streaming process then downgraded to
               "org.apache.spark" % "spark-streaming-kafka-0-8_2.11" % "2.2.0"

And i know there is also another path which is using kafka-clients jars which has the latest version of 1.0.0

<!-- https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.kafka/kafka-clients -->
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.kafka</groupId>
    <artifactId>kafka-clients</artifactId>
    <version>1.0.0</version>
</dependency>

I am confused which path  is the  right one

Thanks…

Bu ileti hukuken korunmuş, gizli veya ifşa edilmemesi gereken bilgiler içerebilir. Şayet mesajın gönderildiği kişi değilseniz, bu iletiyi çoğaltmak ve dağıtmak yasaktır. Bu mesajı yanlışlıkla alan kişi, bu durumu derhal gönderene telefonla ya da e-posta ile bildirmeli ve bilgisayarından silmelidir. Bu iletinin içeriğinden yalnızca iletiyi gönderen kişi sorumludur.

This communication may contain information that is legally privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Anyone who receives this message in error should notify the sender immediately by telephone or by return communication and delete it from his or her computer. Only the person who has sent this message is responsible for its content.

RE: Which kafka client to use with spark streaming

Posted by Serkan TAS <Se...@enerjisa.com>.
Kafka Clients are blocking spark streaming jobs and after a time streaming job queue increases.

Posted by Cody Koeninger <co...@koeninger.org>.

Posted by Diogo Munaro Vieira <di...@corp.globo.com>.