Posted to photark-dev@incubator.apache.org by Avdhesh Yadav <av...@avdheshyadav.com> on 2012/05/31 14:38:47 UTC

Accessing Photos Stored In SD Card.

Hi All,

Most Android Phones comes with SD Card. Are we also planning to
support/Access Photos Stored in SD card using the Mobile App ?. . I think
by  default when we take photo using camera it saved in the SD Card(at this
happens in my Android 2.2 phone). We can also have functionality of Sync
between the photos stored in SD Card with the PICASA/FACEBOOK/Flicker etc

Thoughts are welcome

--
Avdhesh Yadav
http://www.avdheshyadav.com

Re: Accessing Photos Stored In SD Card.

Posted by Subash Chaturanga <su...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 6:43 AM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Prabhath Suminda
> <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > In my application I included functionality to manage photoes stored in SD
> > card. So I think it would be great it can hava functionality to sync
> between
> > the photos stored in SD Card with the PICASA/FACEBOOK/Flicker.
> >

> Two points here :
>   - PhoneGap abstracts the device specific APIs to provide device
> independent access to the local pictures
>
>   - I don't believe we want to actually "sync" remote pictures,
> primarily for storage limitations on the device, particularly if the
> user has lots of album subscriptions, or his own picture staggered in
> multiple repositories

Then, providing a user an option to enable/disable remote gallery sync
would
make it more sense (disable by default may be) and avoid unnecessary
battery usage and bandwidth of the users when it comes to large remote
photo sets
and local storage limitations as Luciano, mentioned.

--
Subash Chaturanga
University of Moratuwa

Blog -  http://subashsdm.blogspot.com/