Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Takaratiki <mw...@tjs.org> on 2007/10/26 15:00:02 UTC

Archive-Iterator and STDIN

I have recently updated Mac OS 10.4.10 server to use Amavisd-new 2.5.2 and
Spamassassin 3.2.3 as outlined at osxtopicdesk. Everything went surprisingly
well, however I've hit a snag in teaching my Bayesian filter from new spam.
When the cron job to teach the filter occurs, I receive this email:

archive-iterator: raw location "-" is not supported at
/Library/Perl/5.8.6/Mail/SpamAssassin/ArchiveIterator.pm line 465

I've learned that this is an issue with using STDIN with archive-iterator
and that outputting the sample emails to a temp file is recommended as a
work around. How would I go about doing that and is there a better fix? I've
spamtrainer -i to rebuild the cron job, but this has not altered the error
message.

Re: Archive-Iterator and STDIN

Posted by Takaratiki <mw...@tjs.org>.
Solution found. Alex from osxtopicdesk assessed that my sa-learn file was
outdated. An updated copy was inserted into /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin.
Everything functions now. Hope this helps.