Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Joe Latty <jo...@tias.com.au> on 2005/02/02 23:50:59 UTC

Reconnecting to the database

We are having a problem when our database server is rebooted we have to
restart all of our apps that use OJB (an inconvenience).

Is there a way to set up the repository to try for a new connection if
it can no longer connect?

Do I manually have to catch the exception, identify it and try and
re-establish connection to the db?

Thanks

Joe

Re: Reconnecting to the database

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
Hear, hear!  We are finding this quite annoying as well.  I thought
because we were using the
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryManagedImpl class,
that management would defer to JBoss, which does recover from a
Database server reboot.  However, it turns out that it does not.

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com