Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aris Javier <ar...@eazix.com> on 2005/01/31 04:54:56 UTC

Edit session timeout

Hello!

How to edit session timeout? Tomcat's default value is 30mins...
30 minutes of inactivity then a session will expire... In my apps,
i think 30minutes is too long.. i want 5 minutes of inactivity before
session expires...

is it in server.xml? i only see connectionTimeout which is 20000?
is connectionTimeout the same with sessionTimeout?

Thanks and regards,
Aris
<ma...@eazix.com>

Re: Edit session timeout

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com>.
From: "Aris Javier" <ar...@eazix.com>
> How to edit session timeout? Tomcat's default value is 30mins...

Look in web.xml instead of server.xml. You can change it for the entire
container, or on a per-webapp basis, depending on which web.xml you edit.
(Works for Tomcat 4.1, I haven't moved to 5 yet...)

--
Wendy Smoak