Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2016/04/02 21:25:25 UTC

[VOTE] Release Compress 1.11 Based on RC2

Hi all

due to a packaging glitch I had to re-roll the release. It is based on
the same commit that was used for RC1, so both tags refer to the same
commit. For this reason I haven't even re-created the site.

Compress 1.11 RC2 is available for review here:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/compress/
    (svn revision 12977)

sha1 checksums:

b26a5bfb8686a42d256562d0a71ee436f81495e5 binaries/commons-compress-1.11-bin.tar.gz
65abf5df38d665bea3c6c215d247a26f328c84c5 binaries/commons-compress-1.11-bin.zip
3dd2e40fba93ee3c271187cc204b5b367e671847 source/commons-compress-1.11-src.tar.gz
0b053fc7937655797c7d6aa0d166d697fb4b1bae source/commons-compress-1.11-src.zip

Maven artifacts are here:
    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1145/org/apache/commons/commons-compress/1.11/

Details of changes since 1.10 are in the release notes:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/compress/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
    http://stefan.samaflost.de/staging/COMPRESS-1.11/changes-report.html

I have tested this with JDK 1.7 and 1.8 using maven3.

The tag is here:
    https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=commons-compress.git;a=commit;h=ff38bf57378c7cae8617b3c8df692a5ffbe7b83f
    (the tag with the name COMPRESS-1.11-RC2 on commit ff38bf5)

Site:
    http://stefan.samaflost.de/staging/COMPRESS-1.11/
    (note this is not the site I'll publish once the vote gets accepted,
    I'll recreate the site when the release date ist fixed.
    Also download page and the 1.11 javadoc are not expected to work
    right now but will with the correct site)

Clirr Report (compared to 1.10):
    http://stefan.samaflost.de/staging/COMPRESS-1.11/clirr-report.html

RAT Report:
    http://stefan.samaflost.de/staging/COMPRESS-1.11/rat-report.html

KEYS:
  https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS

Please review the release candidate and vote.
  This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after
  1930 GMT 05-April 2016

[ ] +1 Release these artifacts
[ ] +0 OK, but...
[ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
[ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

Thanks!

        Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Release Compress 1.11 Based on RC2

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org>.
+1 from me

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 3 April 2016 at 22:11, Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought Infra disabled the ability to delete tags in git anyways unless
> they reverted that recently.

Yes, that was changed recently, at least for some repos (maybe all).
I've certainly been able to delete the temporary tags I created to
propose changes to the infra git repo.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [VOTE] Release Compress 1.11 Based on RC2

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Compress 1.11 Based on RC2

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Congrats pushing this through! :-)

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Compress 1.11 Based on RC2

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I prefer to keep all tags used in a VOTE. It is simpler IMO that way to
know what we voted on

Gary

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 3 April 2016 at 06:01, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2016-04-03, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:
>
>> Could we delete the tag 1.11-RC1 now?
>
> AFAIR we keep all tags, even those for failed RC votes.

Sometimes tags are withdrawn before a vote is called; I think it's OK
to delete those, but it's best not to re-use the name.
So the first vote might be called on RC3 ...

For tags that have been used in a vote, we should certainly keep them
until the end of the vote as it makes diffing easier.

However I'm not sure that it is necessary to keep superseded tags once
the vote is complete.
As long as the tag URL and revision are in the vote e-mail, the
contents of such tags can still be reconstructed.
So I would be OK with removing such tags *after* the vote.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Checked:
+1 Signatures in source/binaries/repo
+1 Checksums in source/binaries/repo
+1 source/binaries zip match tar.gz
+1 No extra binaries :)
+1 RELEASE-NOTES.txt
+1 mvn clean verify
+1 git commit & tag match src
+1 built commons-compress-1.11.jar file listing match jar from binaries/
+1 RAT OK (from mvn site)
+1 NOTICE/LICENSE
+1 Repository commons-compress-1.11.jar /
commons-compress-1.11-javadoc.jar matches binaries
+1 Repository commons-compress-1.11-sources.jar matches
src/main/java/org in sources

Apache Maven 3.3.9 (bb52d8502b132ec0a5a3f4c09453c07478323dc5;
2015-11-10T16:41:47+00:00)
Maven home: /home/stain/software/maven
Java version: 1.8.0_72-internal, vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre
Default locale: en_GB, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "linux", version: "3.16.0-67-generic", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"

On 2 April 2016 at 20:25, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> due to a packaging glitch I had to re-roll the release. It is based on
> the same commit that was used for RC1, so both tags refer to the same
> commit. For this reason I haven't even re-created the site.
>
> Compress 1.11 RC2 is available for review here:
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/compress/
>     (svn revision 12977)
>
> sha1 checksums:
>
> b26a5bfb8686a42d256562d0a71ee436f81495e5 binaries/commons-compress-1.11-bin.tar.gz
> 65abf5df38d665bea3c6c215d247a26f328c84c5 binaries/commons-compress-1.11-bin.zip
> 3dd2e40fba93ee3c271187cc204b5b367e671847 source/commons-compress-1.11-src.tar.gz
> 0b053fc7937655797c7d6aa0d166d697fb4b1bae source/commons-compress-1.11-src.zip
>
> Maven artifacts are here:
>     https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1145/org/apache/commons/commons-compress/1.11/
>
> Details of changes since 1.10 are in the release notes:
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/compress/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>     http://stefan.samaflost.de/staging/COMPRESS-1.11/changes-report.html
>
> I have tested this with JDK 1.7 and 1.8 using maven3.
>
> The tag is here:
>     https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=commons-compress.git;a=commit;h=ff38bf57378c7cae8617b3c8df692a5ffbe7b83f
>     (the tag with the name COMPRESS-1.11-RC2 on commit ff38bf5)
>
> Site:
>     http://stefan.samaflost.de/staging/COMPRESS-1.11/
>     (note this is not the site I'll publish once the vote gets accepted,
>     I'll recreate the site when the release date ist fixed.
>     Also download page and the 1.11 javadoc are not expected to work
>     right now but will with the correct site)
>
> Clirr Report (compared to 1.10):
>     http://stefan.samaflost.de/staging/COMPRESS-1.11/clirr-report.html
>
> RAT Report:
>     http://stefan.samaflost.de/staging/COMPRESS-1.11/rat-report.html
>
> KEYS:
>   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>
> Please review the release candidate and vote.
>   This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after
>   1930 GMT 05-April 2016
>
> [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
> [ ] +0 OK, but...
> [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
> [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>
> Thanks!
>
>         Stefan

Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: [VOTE] Release Compress 1.11 Based on RC2

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
Le 2/04/2016 21:25, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :

> [X] +1 Release these artifacts

Emmanuel Bourg