Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "Mark A. Flacy" <mf...@verizon.net.INVALID> on 2020/12/03 03:13:51 UTC

The 12.2 release for MacOS is worse than the 12.1 release.

Greetings,

I've been attempting to use the projected 12.2 version in my work projects
under MacOS Catalina (10.15.7).

In my experience, it is a pile of dung (GUI freezes.  Background scanning
doesn't happen but when it does, you have to force quit the Netbeans process).

I haven't tried it on my Linux boxes yet, but my MacOS experience is pushing
me to use IntelliJ (which my company pays for) on my work machine.  I HATE the
Intellij interface.

I'll stay with 12.1 until there are test projects that aren't trivial for the
Netbeans team to test against.

--
Mark A. Flacy
mflacy@verizon.net

Re: The 12.2 release for MacOS is worse than the 12.1 release.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
"No valid Java Platform found for key: 'JDK_11'"

For that, probably, go to the Project Properties dialog of your project and
register the JDK you're using there.

Gj

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Well, you might be running out of file handles, try to increase the
allowed number.

There is a change in NetBeans 12.2, that it does not necessarily closes
the Gradle Project Connection on every Gradle invocation as in the
previous versions.

Also newer Gradle versions started to do a lot of filesystem watch
operation which also eat file handles.

If you can't share the actual project you have you might be able to
share at least the gradle files with the project directory layout
skeleton. The number of files would be also good.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Best would be to start with a fresh user directory and when this problem
happens, provide the log files (where the user directory is is described in
the About box).

"No valid Java Platform found for key: 'JDK_11'"

For that, probably, go to the Project Properties dialog of your project and
register the JDK you're using there.

If you can reproduce with a fresh user directory and a project created from
scratch, please write back and say so.

Posted by "Mark A. Flacy" <mf...@verizon.net.INVALID>.
Greetings,