Posted to user@chukwa.apache.org by GuoWei <we...@wbkit.com> on 2012/12/19 01:57:36 UTC

When I start chukwa collector or agent twice

Hi,

If I forgot to stop collector before start a collector. Then I will get
message the Collector.pid file can not be written.
Then I can not stop collector by the command "sudo bin/chukwa collector
stop".  Because start twice will assign new PID and new port to collector.
And the new PID is not written into the Collector.pid file.
And I can not find the PID by the port because the port is not 8080.
Does anyone meet the same problem ? And how to stop collector/agent in this
situation?

Thanks

Re: When I start chukwa collector or agent twice

Posted by shreyas subramanya <sh...@gmail.com>.
The patch was being worked on. Chukwa-677 captures this.

Posted by Alan Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com>.