Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Dave Littell <da...@applink.net> on 2005/07/03 03:23:22 UTC

"Checksum mismatch" following upgrade to 1.2

Hi all,

I upgraded to subversion 1.2 (and went through the BerkeleyDB
upgrade to 4.3 "recovery" process described at the subversion site).
  Now commits fail with checksum mismatch errors.  An "svnadmin
verify" gets all the way to revision 6 (out of over 200) before
cratering with another checksum mismatch.

It seems pretty clear that the transition to the 4.3 database
corrupted my repository.  The repository traffic is extremely light
(I'm the only one using it for generally (very) small commits) and
all via file:///), so I'm having a hard time accepting that this is
result of intense usage or mixed network/file access.

Is there a way to repair the repository?

Thanks very much,
Dave

Re: "Checksum mismatch" following upgrade to 1.2

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Dave Littell <da...@applink.net> writes:
> I upgraded to subversion 1.2 (and went through the BerkeleyDB upgrade
> to 4.3 "recovery" process described at the subversion site). Now
> commits fail with checksum mismatch errors.  An "svnadmin verify" gets
> all the way to revision 6 (out of over 200) before cratering with
> another checksum mismatch.
>
> It seems pretty clear that the transition to the 4.3 database
> corrupted my repository.  The repository traffic is extremely light
> (I'm the only one using it for generally (very) small commits) and all
> via file:///), so I'm having a hard time accepting that this is result
> of intense usage or mixed network/file access.
>
> Is there a way to repair the repository?

Do you still have a backup of the old 4.2 repository?

Frankly, I suggest and end-run around the whole thing -- just convert
the old repos to FSFS and go from there.