Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/04 23:24:01 UTC

ActiveMQ-CPP Version 3.0 RC3.1 Released

Hey everyone,
It's official ... ActiveMQ-CPP v3.0 now has a fourth release candidate, RC3, this release
adds a fix for messages received on Virtual Topics and includes the generated configure
scripts, no need to run autogen.sh before building the library anymore.  This is a
re-release of the RC3 archive with a fix for a file permission issue in the first release.

The 3.0 Version of the CPP client adds the following new features:
  * Failover Transport
  * CMS API has moved to V1.3 adding CMS Exception types and more
    JMS like feature APIs.
  * StreamMessage has now been added to the set of Messages that
    ActiveMQ-CPP supports.
  * More robust MessageConsumer implementation.
  * 64 Bit Builds supported on Windows an Linux.
  * Improved Build scripts.
  * Additional CMS API Documentation.
  * Supports receiving Messages on Virtual Destinations.

We need as many people as we can to download the code and give it a try so we
can flush out as many issues as we can before the official release, check it
out here:
<http://activemq.apache.org/cms/activemq-cpp-30-release.html>

The links on this page won't work until the release is official.  For
now, follow the instructions at the top to download the release
candidate:
<http://people.apache.org/~tabish/activemq-cpp-library-3.0-RC3.1-src.tar.gz>

Regards,
Tim