Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nawab Zada Asad Iqbal <kh...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/26 00:21:46 UTC

When will be solr 7.1 released?

Hi,

How are the release dates decided for new versions, are they known in
advance?

Thanks
Nawab

Re: When will be solr 7.1 released?

Posted by Nawab Zada Asad Iqbal <kh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Steve,

I was trying to look at the page without login and seeing only a handful of
bugs/fixes; probably because most of those bugs/tasks do not have public
security-level.

Thanks
Nawab

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nawab,

I see SOLR-11297 in the JIRA-generated "release note”: <https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310230&version=12341052>.  (Note that Lucene and Solr maintain their own release notes: solr/CHANGES.txt and lucene/CHANGES.txt.)

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

Re: When will be solr 7.1 released?

Posted by Nawab Zada Asad Iqbal <kh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks ,  another question(s):

why is this released marked 'unreleased' ?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SOLR/versions/12335718
how is it different from :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SOLR/versions/12341601 (i guess
this is duplicate and will not be used)

I was expecting to see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11297 in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SOLR/versions/12341052 but couldn't
locate it.

Regards
Nawab

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Nawab Zada Asad Iqbal <kh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Yonik and Erick.
>
> That is helpful.
> I am slightly confused about the branch name conventions. I expected 7x to
> be named as branch_7_0

branch_7x is the main branch for all 7.x releases.  When it's time for
7.1 to be released, a branch_7_1 will be created from branch_7x.
But branch_7x  will continue on and any new changes on branch_7x after
that point will only be in releases after 7.1

So branch_7x always represents the next 7.x release currently in development.

-Yonik

Re: When will be solr 7.1 released?

Posted by Nawab Zada Asad Iqbal <kh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Yonik and Erick.