Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jagat Singh <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/12 09:47:04 UTC

Avoiding code duplication

Hi,

We have set of projects which have few common dependencies and
configurations.

How to best avoid code duplications , I have seen maven parent and maven
jcabi parent.

Are there other useful plugins to handle this.

Thanks

Re: Avoiding code duplication

Posted by Jagat Singh <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Thanks for link

1)

My projects are not related to each other in form of parent child relation.

So can I conclude I do not need parent pom.

And I can do all via bom.

2)

Can bom approach be used for plugins also.

Means specific all plugin versions in bom pom and in the specific projects
where I am using bom import I can write exact plugin configurations.

For example declare that I am using 1.2 Maven assembly plugin. And In
project I use exact configuration of the Maven assembly for the project.

Thanks in advance

Posted by Adrien Rivard <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--