Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2001/03/17 21:39:15 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/core StandardWrapperValve.java

on 3/17/01 12:07 PM, "craigmcc@apache.org" <cr...@apache.org> wrote:

> +    private String filter(String message) {

Not sure if you have to do this for private methods, but you might want to
make that final in order to make sure that the JVM inlines the method.

<stupid question of the day>
Also, does that StandardWrapperValue filter for all responses or for just
Error page responses? If all responses, couldn't that be bad if I was
returning binary data?

-jon

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/core StandardWrapperValve.java

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 3/17/01 12:07 PM, "craigmcc@apache.org" <cr...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > +    private String filter(String message) {
>
> Not sure if you have to do this for private methods, but you might want to
> make that final in order to make sure that the JVM inlines the method.

I don't think you have to do that for final methods, but I'll look.

> <stupid question of the day>
> Also, does that StandardWrapperValue filter for all responses or for just
> Error page responses? If all responses, couldn't that be bad if I was
> returning binary data?

This filtering is specifically called only on the request URI that is
reported in a standard error page produced by Tomcat.  No filtering is
done on standard application output, or on error pages defined by a web
app with the <error-page> directive -- you are on your own to protect
yourself.

> -jon

Craig